Friday, November 9, 2012

Trichotillomania

Well, it's a disease. Concerning hair. Haha. It's like the next level of hair pulling/twirling. I'm undiagnosed, but like a normal person who's concerned for her own health, I googled. =)) AND OF COURSE. All the symptoms are there. It's pretty weird.

I usually twirl and pull a section of my hair near my nape, behind my right ear. I twirl and I twirl until I feel satisfied, then I eventually pull the bunch of hair I ended up making. SUPER WEIRD. I don't know why I do it though. It's just an unconscious habit (ironically) that I do whenever I'm sitting or when I'm doing nothing. Oftentimes, my mom just pulls my hand away from my head, and that's only the time when I realize that I'm already doing it.

When that bunch of twirled hair is totally out of control, I take off my hair tie and I loosen the knots, tie my hair again and twirl again. So. Fucking. Weird. Sometimes it hurts because the knots are really tight and I end up pulling a few strands.

That's why most of the time, I prefer my hair untied in order to avoid doing that in public. Because it really is a weird sight o__o I look crazy. HAHAHA. But I end up twirling the ends of my hair just to satisfy the supposedly "unconscious" urge.

They say it's related to stress and OCD. Now that I think about it, I do think about a lot of shit which stresses the fuck out of me. Maybe that's where my over-thinking comes in. I'm not an OC person though. At least I think so. I mean, who doesn't want their things in order? :\ Of course I have to fix my shit so I know where everything is.

Sooooo yeah, I don't know why I'm writing about this. It's 1:15AM here in the Philippines. I can't sleep.  I watched a dance competition a while ago at DLSU. I miss dancing a lot even though I'm no good at it. I usually look like an awkward duck. In my perspective. Welp. Sad life.

And then I saw something I didn't like a few days ago. Hm. It's making me think twice about whatever this is. It's like, when will I ever be good enough. When will you notice me. I don't really give a flying fuck anymore, and I'm just gonna go with the wind. I guess this is better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment