Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Pressure of Perfection

Isn't it annoying when people expect a lot from you? Especially when you think like you'll never be good enough. Oftentimes, you're suffocated, you're always competitive, you feel alone, and once you fuck things up, you're as good as dead.

I'm a human being who still has a lot to learn about life. I'm young. I don't want to be kept inside a cage where people can just throw rocks at me while telling me not to shout and cringe in pain. It's hard to deal with this kind pressure--the pressure of perfection.

I see life differently. I interpret things in the most colourful ways possible. I'm extra sensitive, and I think I'm turning bipolar. Don't they see it's not healthy?--to be reminded that "I'm their last chance" and "I'm their last hope"? Seriously. I'm just in college. What could happen. HAHA suuuure. But come on. I'm not that kind of person. I have morals and principles that I (so far, and will) stick to.

People make mistakes. Sure, they have bad effects, but we learn from them. They're merely temporary situations. As human beings, we are resilient. We are able to heal with time. Though time alone is tantamount to the bitter reality we have to face, it's still our choice whether to look at it from the positive or negative side.

It's what we can do to make our time useful. Like what I said waaaay back, it's what we do with the pain we feel. We always have a choice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment