Thursday, December 6, 2012

Change

It's inevitable, unpredictable, and downright annoying. But let's face it. It's part of life. People change, the weather, time, everything, actually. It's something that we can live with, and sometimes take for granted, but at the same time, we don't like it.

Humans are designed to adapt to change. So why are we so scared? Can't we just accept things the way they are? More like, accept and complain about it. Yeah, that's what we do best.

Can't we think of it as an "addition" instead of a "replacement"?

Let's take autumn for example. The leaves change color. After that, it turns green again. It's merely physical change, but does the whole tree change? It doesn't. It just adds beauty to the whole tree.

Lol that was actually a stupid example. FINE. PEOPLE. PEOPLE FUCKING CHANGE. That's what I really mean. I just learned how to deal with all the bullshit in my life. I learned to move on, and I got used to the fact that my family's fucked up. I love them (except for my dad haha) but yes, we're fucked up. We ain't normal.

Define normal?
A. Parents are together, you and your siblings are happy, and you guys go out and eat dinner together. And you guys have family reunions and both sides of the family are in good terms with each other.
B. Parents are separated, but one of them still keeps in touch and supports you guys, and the rest of your family's happy and you guys still get to eat dinner together.

And aside from my family, I just learned how to roll on with life. I'm in a completely new environment, I'm sort of on my own out here, but surprisingly, I know my limits and I don't abuse my freedom (at least I think so).

I grew up. A bit. I still have that "bunso" mentality deep inside me, but yeah. I grew up. I learned that life won't always be good to me, but at the end of the day, I know that there might be a 10% chance that I won't get to see the sun rise again. So I just try to forego all the shitty-ness, and I live on.

And if I do get another day to live, I do the same thing. Live and learn.

LIVE AND LEARN, PEOPLE. LIVE AND LEARN.

It's just that, why fuss over change. Fine, some people change, some people don't. AND LIKE I SAID, maybe it's not "change". Maybe it's just an "addition".

I admit. I did change. I felt it. My old friends noticed it.

Well you guys, I'm still me. I'm still the Junessa you know. My treatment towards you guys won't change. You guys are still my bestestststt friends and you still have my trust and loyalty. You know I love you guys D: What I'm not sure of now is, do I still have yours?

Please don't be scared. It makes me anxious. Haha. I feel as if the person I'm supposedly becoming is bad, and I feel as if I'm drifting away.

We all will eventually drift apart from each other. But that doesn't mean I will love you guys less. Life will take us to different places, with different people, with different personalities. Remember what I said? Humans are designed to adapt to certain situations. If we don't adapt, we can't live. We will remain stagnant.

This is how I live over here. Whatever I changed into (tangina parang nagiging ibang anyo ako or what haha), that's how I survive here.

Changing is living. Living means changing. And that's that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment