Thursday, December 20, 2012

Heartless

And there you are, happy again. Not confused, not unstable, not bothered by anything--just perfectly content with being the way you are.

Here I am; my eyes have been opened to how cruel people can truly be. To how they can manage to be incredibly insensitive to other people's feelings.

Thank you, I say.

People might've warned me about you over and over, since the beginning. But I was foolish and brave enough to just go ahead and not listen.

The thought of not having to experience what they call "pain" is sort of pointless. How can I learn?

Thank you, I say.

"I thought.."
"But.."
"What if.."

These sentences may be left unfinished. No periods, no last chapters, no ends. But then again, it's better that things turned out this way because I'm tired. I have no means to go on and hope. You didn't give me meaning. You simply.. Threw me away. I was just an experiment. A compensation, even. A simple "hi."

Time--our number one enemy, our best friend.
The lingering pain of reminiscing.
The moment of realization.
The feeling of moving forward, and forward, and forward.

Thank you, I say.

You were heartless.

But, thank you, I say to you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment