Wednesday, October 31, 2012

During the (almost) 7 years I've been doing photography, I thought my work was becoming shallow because I just keep taking pictures of myself. But when I look back on the reasons why I take those pictures, I realized that I use photography as my outlet for some emotions that I don't know how to handle. It became another language which only I can understand. For most people, they only think of it as vanity. For me, those are memories which are documented. I guess that's why my photographs are very personal and close to me.

Last summer, I began to cater to a larger crowed. I started getting more clients through the group I'm in called Pipe Dreams. We've had a couple of our friends patronizing our small business, and that made us believe that we can really do this. We can be part of "the industry". We even had our 15 minutes of fame on twitter, even for a couple of hours. "Pipe Dreams" was on the trending list on twitter last June (I think).

Majority of our clients (lol don't worry I won't mention names) consisted of girls who went through heartbreaks. They wanted to feel beautiful again after those nights of tears that never seemed to end, and heavy hearts that felt like stones were inside their chests. They wanted to breathe again after being choked by the pain of being in love.

Girls will always be girls. No matter what you say, we will always want to save our dignity as women. Like men and their egos. Loljk. For us, it's a bit different. Some people may say that these days, it's pretty common for girls to be the ones to chase after boys. So now what. Chivalry is dead? Where the fuck are chivalrous men? Dead. Loljk. I keep saying LOLJK. Loljk.

I still believe in traditions. You know, where guys will be the ones who will desperately chase after girls, and where they'll treat girls like princesses. Do guys like that still exist? When will boys (yes, boys, because there's a difference between boys and men) stop playing around and just go for the girl who they want?

Just food for thought. A lot of my friends have been telling me that I should know my worth as a girl. I realized that I was too easy. I give in all the time--to my feelings, and to the slightest signs of affection. This is one of the times where I wish that my "love life" was like a Korean drama where simple touches mean a lot. Relationships give enough headaches. What more if you don't even have a relationship yet, and you keep making guesses. For girls like me, good luck to us. Stay strong. Hang in there. If that boy really likes you, in time, he'll make his move. HAHAHA yeah.

0 comments:

Post a Comment